At Sterling Law, we pride ourselves on establishing strong relationships with our clients and on developing a thorough understanding of your business. We work closely with you every step of the way from acquiring, developing and protecting new technology, to the marketing and sale of it.
We experience in the area of technology and IP protection include:
- Advising you on strategies and techniques for protecting, managing and selling your intellectual property, whether it is a computer system, a technology-based product or a technology business;
- Conducting due diligence with respect to risk assessments of your intellectual property;
- Providing legal opinions on infringement of third party intellectual property;
- Negotiating, drafting and rendering legal opinions on license agreement of all forms of intellectual property;
- Preparing technology-related agreements including acquisition, software development and technology transfer agreements as well as E-commerce, Web site development and hosting agreements;
- Preparing intellectual property-related commercial contracts including supply & distribution of technology agreements and maintenance & support of software/hardware agreements;
- Dealing with abuse of confidential information and trade secrets; and
- Enforcing your intellectual property rights whether it is a license agreement, a franchise relationship or another arrangement involving the commercialization of your intellectual property and technology assets.